Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rambling...

I noticed that I have not been doing a very good job with my blogging. I have become some what of a slacker lately. To be honest, I don't get online much these days and when I do it is only for a brief second to check my facebook and myspace and changes my statuses. By the time I get the girls to bed and all my household duties caught up, I am normally too tired to do much of anything other than watch a little tv or go to bed. I got the girls a big girl bed a couple of weeks ago but I have not tried to get them to sleep in it yet. We did sleep in it Sunday night but it is just not as comfortable as my bed, plus I don't think I am ready for them to sleep in there by themselves. I have gotten quite use to them sleeping in my bed. I guess it is just part of the daily routine now. Maybe once school is out we might try out the new bed again, but as for now it gives Rachel a good place to sleep when she comes over to spend the night. I was getting tired of waiting to find out about the job I interviewed for last week at the hospital so I called human resources yesterday. They told me that the job was given to a CNA that already worked at the hospital...she told me she would be calling me today with an offer about the patient registration job and to finalize everything. She also asked if I would be able to start next week so I am assuming that I got that position. I am anxious for her to call me today so I can get everything in line for starting this new job. I will be so glad to have a summer job! I was beginning to stress out a bit, especially since I have not lined up a teaching job for the fall and since the child support provider got pink slipped for next year. I am trying to think positively though. I am hoping that old saying is true, "good things come to those who wait." I went and spoke with a principal about a job opening last week. He said he would start interviews around memorial day so hopefully I will get an interview! I am keeping my fingers crossed! I don't anticipate an interview for that position until the first of June if I do in fact get one. I am sure most principals do not want to deal with that stuff until closing day is over, etc. He was extremely nice and I was very glad that I took a day off work to go over and speak with him. I am hoping that gave me a few brownie points. We actually got to sit and talk for almost an hour with no interruptions! Hmmm...well let's see. I have updated you on my work status, job hunting status, whats next?
I have got some more work done at the house recently. My dad finished up my deck yesterday. He boarded in underneath my deck so that my kiddos can't escape the fence...not to mention it looks so great because now you can't see under my deck. He even built a little door so I can store things under it. He also built me a new door that goes under my house since somebody stole my metal one! How rude?!? I got two more trees planted this weekend. I got a weeping cherry tree and a white dogwood tree. I can't wait to see how they will all look in a couple of years...that is if I do not kill them before then. I am not so lucky when it comes to plants, but so far so good. I have really changed the looks of my house since I have moved in. I also got a storage building from the menonites. It is very handy. Now I have a place to store my mower which I have already managed to tear up! Go figure...but I promise it had nothing to do with the fact that I hate mowing the yard! Luckily my step dad just bought a zero turn mower so he is kind of obsessed with mowing now...he mowed my yard twice last week! So if you are in need of someone to mow your yard, let me know...he has a few yards so far but he is always looking for more. I guess that just about sums up my life lately. I will try to be a better blogger. Until next time...

No comments: