Friday, January 9, 2009

5 Ways in 5 Years

So I was reading Ivana's blog and I got the idea for this particular daily blog from her of course because she always has the best ideas for blogging. I am going to write about 5 ways that I have changed in the past 5 years. Here goes!

1. I hate to sound like a copy-cat but this is the truth...I am now a mom...and not just a mom to one but a mom to TWINS! WOW. I would have never imagined that I would have twins but here I am, the mother of twin girls who are almost 18 months old at the end of this month. They are definitely a handful but they are the most precious little people in my world and I wouldnt trade them for anything!

2. As bad as I hate to remember this time in my life...I have been married and divorced...another thing that I would have never thought I would do. I am sooo glad that the guy I was married to is not from here so that I can almost erase that part of my history all together! HAHA. Oh well, you live and you learn!

3. I graduated from college! Besides from Emma and Zoie being the most important thing in my life, this definitely ranks as number 2 on my great list of accomplishments. Even though it took me 5.5 long years, I finally did it! I now have my bachelors degree and I am ready to get a big-girl job!

4. In the past five years I have definitely became a stronger person all around. I have completed college while raising my twin girls all alone...I know...Jon and I were together until they were about 10 months old but I still considering the time that I was with him as alone time because he was not there to help me with the twins at all. If it wasnt for my family I would have never made it. Not only have I raised my girls as a single mom but I have also had my heart broken and when I say that I mean that it was broken to a point where I thought it would never repair which I am still working on at this moment in my life. I went from just worrying about going to college to working my butt off all summer just to make enough money to get through my last semester of college. I have been through alot in the past five years and it has made me such a stronger person.

5. And lastly, I am now a homeowner! I can now stand on my own two feet which I am so greatful for! It is so great to be able to provide such a nice home for myself and for my girls. I dont mean to sound so conceeded but I am very proud of myself!

Well I guess those are 5 of the many ways that I have changed in the last 5 years. It is crazy to look over that list and think about all the other things that I could have written about...it just goes to show that life is very unpredictable but everything always works out for the best. Until next time...

No comments: