Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday: WHAT A DAY SO FAR!?

Well, what a day this has been thus far!?! I got to ACPC to sub today and I am now in a preschool classroom. Well anyone who knows me, knows that me in a pre-k class is probably not the best idea. Before Emma and Zoie were born I was not a kid person at all! Emma and Zoie, on the other hand, are way different than a class of 18 3 and 4 year olds. Boy, have I had my hands full today! I am exhausted. This is really the first break I have had all day long. We have to go to specials with them and set with them while they eat...I had to wait for lunch when they took a nap! This is crazy. Pre-k teachers should definitely get paid way more than they do. This particular class is a free-preschool classroom and it breaks my heart to see a few of these kids who are so far behind on their development. I am so thankful for my girls and I am so glad that they are up to par with their development thus far in their life. They are really smart actually. They can put puzzle pieces in a puzzle book that they have and they can also identify many things in another book that is titled 100 First Words. My mom swears that they are developing pre-reading skills already because they can tell when a book is upside down and they turn the pages and act like they are actually reading the book. Anyways, Im ready to get out of here for the day. I have definitely earned my pay today and yesterday here at ACPC. I am scheduled here again tomorrow and Im sure its in a pre-school class because the instructional aides are going to be out tomorrow and they need subs also. I cant imagine having to teach a pre-school class all alone! That would be total chaos. Well, Ive got an appointment afterschool then Im home to relax for the rest of the day! Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Austin was the same way as the twins. He knew when books were upside down and knew the directions of the words and pages before he was 1. If you handed him a book that was upside down, he'd turn it around. Our kids are sooo smart...I'm so thankful!!

Ivana Clay said...

Shew, I feel for ya being in with all those little ones! I teach preschoolers at bible school every year and I swear it is the most exhausting week of my summer each and every year! Not sure why I stick with that age....hmmm....But I think you are right those teachers at school should get double the pay! For sure!!!!