Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Before I begin with my weekly Thankful Thursday I thought I'd give everyone a quick update since I have not written a blog in a couple of days. I just havent felt up to it really because I honestly dont have anything interesting to write about. Ive spent the last couple of days at home doing a whole lot of nothing because of the ice/snow that we have received in the past 2 days. It was nice staying at home but then when I think about the fact that I lost 2 days of work that really stinks. I expected that we would be out again today since all of the surrounding counties called school off last night but no...which proves that we should have been in school yesterday because nothing has changed at all! Both days they waited until the morning hours to call off school which has got to suck for people that have you find babysitters, etc. The weather man predicted the weather just right both days so they should have called off school the night before but oh well...I guess those guys enjoy getting out in the freezing cold so early in the morning to make the decision. I couldnt sleep at all last night because I kept wondering if we would have school. I bet I woke up once every hour. That stresses me out! After I got up at like 5 something and it still wasnt called off I knew Id be working today but I still didnt get very good sleep. It is nice to be out of the house today, I will have to admit. I just hope this day doesnt drag on forever. Im at the high school subbing for Mrs. Hooten the spanish teacher. I was looking over the rosters and go figure...I have one of Jon's cousins in class this afternoon which should be a thrill. I also have the girl that Corey dated after we broke up! LOL. How funny? Oh my, what a day?! Anyways, Im sad because all I brought for lunch today is chex mix. I wasnt in the mood for a cold sandwich or for the potatoe soup that I made yesterday for lunch. Ill probably be starving by 3:00! Well let me get on with Thankful Thursday...here are a few things I am thankful for this week!

1. A good report at the dr. on Monday for the girls 18 month check up. E weights in at 22 pounds 12 ouches and Z weighed in at 21 pounds 8 ounces. Z is also a 1/4 of an inch taller than E and their head circumference is exactly the same. The dr. gave me a questionaire to fill out on both of them that had something to do with Autism and thankfully they show no signs! She even suggested that I move them to toddler beds since they wont sleep in their cribs. I think Im going to buy a full size mattress so they can sleep together instead of wasting my time with the toddler beds because they are so use to being together.

2. The opportunity to work today after losing 2 work days this week already!

3. The job interview that I went to on Tuesday even though I havent heard anything back from it! Im keeping my fingers crossed though.

4. The fact that I had power during the ice storm and a very warm house to stay in!

5. My health.

Well thats all for now, Im sure I will blog again later since Im subbing...we all know how many blogs I tend to write when Im here at the high school, bored out of my mind.

Until next time...

No comments: